Wednesday, September 10, 2008

For my mother-in-law

The menu tonight consisted of Calico Beans and Hoe Cake Bread, both of which are recipes given to me by my mother-in-law. This was my first time trying them out, and I had to give her a couple calls with questions. She hadn't made the bread in years, so she wanted me to take some pictures of the process. First off is a picture of the calico beans, which turned out great. They have a nice sweet flavor to them, are easy to make, and cheap, too!

Of course, Anna Ruth wanted to help with the special meal, and she wanted me to get a picture of her with the bread before it went in the oven. ...And the final product!

Everything turned out well. Thanks Anne!

P.S. If you would like the recipes, let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bread looks like it is supposed to look as well as the beans! Looks GREAT!!! Anna Ruth is a whiz in the kitchen!! Taking after mommie!