Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Getting ready...

Things have been very busy around here with all the usual stuff along with getting ready for our new arrival.  I have been tweaking the baby's room, moving stuff around, and figuring out everything I need to have on hand.  I am very excited about this new baby, but it still has not quite set in that I will have a newborn in less than a week.  I don't think it will set in until it actually happens.  I feel about as prepared as I could be except for getting enough sleep.  Rich is super busy at work trying to get things in order before he takes 2 weeks off starting on Monday.  I am thankful for all the help I will have with my mom and mother-in-law in town, Rich being home, and a wonderful church family helping out.  I am excited to see Anna Ruth's reaction to her new brother, and hoping James will not be too jealous and whiny.  He does seem to like babies, but probably will not appreciate this one taking up so much of my time and attention.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of the nursery, which is ready and waiting to be occupied.  I changed a few things from the way it was for James, like I added ribbon to the wall art to give it a different look, and (with the help of my mother-in-law) I added more cushion and re-covered my glider rocker and ottoman.  I think it looks super cute!


No comments: